The Coronavirus pandemic changed the happiness of traveling into fear and locked everyone in their houses but not for long as vacations are something which can’t be taken away from people, now can it?
The Maldives is a nation of islands in the Indian Ocean, that spans across the equator. After the complete lockdown, Maldives reopened all the borders to travelers on July 15.
Also Read: 10 Best Things To Do In Pushkar, Rajasthan
The things you need to know, If you are planning to visit the Maldives during Covid-19:
- The first and most important thing which is required is to test negative in a Covid 19 test. The travelers need to get themselves tested before they board the flight for the Maldives.
- Mandatory requirements which a traveler must have if they want to travel to the Maldives are:
Also Read: 9 Best Things To Do In Cascais, Portugal
a) Confirmed booking from a registered tourist facility. The airports require online bookings after the Global Coronavirus pandemic.
b) All arrivals other than Maldives citizens must provide a negative PCR test within 72 hours prior to the departure.
c) The result must be attached to the Traveler Health Declaration form which must be submitted online within 24 hours prior to arrival.
- Hotels and guesthouses are open to international visitors after October 14.
- The visitors can expect “normal” vacations as most of the hotels are isolated and visitors mostly prefer staying in resorts.
- The locals are restricted from mass gatherings due to the protocols of the pandemic, thus, they are not allowed to travel between islands with covid infections. As a result of this visitors need to prepare to stay in one place. Movement between resorts and islands is subject to quarantine requirements.
- It is quite evident that the hotels might have some of their own rules including sanitization, wearing a mask, and temperature check on arrival.
- The travelers need to provide a health declaration which should have an attached PCR test to the airport before boarding a flight.
Also Read: TSG’s 6 Best Hotels In Karnal, Haryana
- As per boarding health and aviation procedure, if the passenger has fever, cough, or shortness of breath in the flight must be informed to the (health protection agency).
- At the airport arrival terminal, all passengers should wear masks.
- Physical distancing needs to be ensured.
- Hand sanitization at arrival is mandatory.
- All passengers must go through the procedure of screening on arrival.
Following the protocols and maintaining sanitization lead you to a safe and happy vacation in a difficult time. Being aware and social distancing is all it requires to get through this pandemic till the world heals.
Also Read: TSG’s 11 Best Hotels In Mahabaleshwar